Using the Codes
Custom / Bespoke Work
- The codes never expire, the data is permanently encoded in the image
When do they expire?
- The size of a QR code is determined by three factors:
How big should they be?
- The amount of data encoded
- The error correction level (higher error correction -> bigger code)
- The block size (the number of pixels per black 'block' in the code)
When generating the code you can control the block size and error correction level.
The wide range of variables means that it is often easiest to use trial-and-error to find
the best combination of settings for your requirements.
You can always contact us
What devices are QR Codes compatible with?
The codes generated on QR Explore are compatible with every smartphone reader and QR code reader available.
If you are having issues with compatibility, please contact us
Can I change the filenames?
Yes, just select the 'Treat as CSV' option and add a filename after the code and a comma.
- While you cannot directly import Excel files you can copy the data across. Select the data in your
worksheet that you want to generate as codes, copy it and paste it into the data entry area.
Can I import Excel files?
- By default QR Explore will treat a line break as a break between codes. To change this behaviour
please select a different 'separator character' from the options and use that as well as a line break.
How do you generate codes with line breaks?
- Yes it can, you'll need to format your data according to the vCard standards and
choose the pipe (|) to terminate each vCard.
Can this generate vCards?
Using the Codes
- Yes, for a small fee I can generate a PDF to your specification (including label printing).
I can also create a custom portal for you to generate PDFs at will from your source data (e.g. Excel).
Can you make a PDF of the codes?
- Yes, included in each Zip file is a csv file. This can be used to do an 'image merge' in Microsoft products.
You can also use the QR codes in software packages such as InDesign,
contact us if you need help.
Can you mail-merge the codes?
A brief document describing the process with InDesign is available here.
- You can view your current balance in your account and top up with more credits by purchasing more. Additional credits are added to your existing bakance.
As soon as the PayPal purchase is completed your email address will be unlocked
How do I buy more codes?
- Yes, as soon as your purchase is completed you will get an email confirming the purchase with a link
to your invoice. You can also view all of your transactions in your account. If this is not sufficient please contact us
Can I get a receipt?
- No you don't have to use them all at once. Credits are deducted from your balance every time you use your registered email, although the first 100 are always free. You can check your current balance in your account.
If I purchase credits do I have to use them all at once?
- Purchases on QR Explore must be made in GBP, but PayPal will sort that out for you when you checkout.
Can I pay you in 'X' currency?
- Please use the email address associated with your PayPal account in the 'Registered Email' field
to start using your codes.
I made a purchase, now what?
- Please check to make sure the PayPal payment completed (they will send you an email receipt).
Contact us if you continue to experience issues.
I have paid for some codes but it does not work
Custom / Bespoke Work
- Sure thing, please contact us.
Can you just do this for me?
- Yes, please contact us.
Will you help me with a project?
- Web development, web performance, PDF generation, large-scale projects...
What do you have experience in?